It’s always heartwarming and flattering when a fellow blogger nominates my blog for an award. To even be considered in the same “blogging” category as some of my fave bloggers is mind-boggling. Especially when I can’t seem to get my award widgets posted in the right side bar.
I’m so deeply honored to receive these awards by two lovely bloggers.
Cara Olsen ( www.thislittlelight516.wordpress.com , www.awakeningfosterkelly.com and her charity www.craftingwater.storenvy.com/ ) is one of my most favorite authors. Her writing is honest, often invoking side splitting hysterical laughter and her voice is melodic. She’s a fiction writer as well as a blogger who will no doubt one day be on the New York Times Bestseller’s list. Not only do I admire Cara professionally but I adore her personally. A strong and pure soul that touches my heart through her writing and her friendship.
Nancy of www.nancycreative.com is my new blogging friend. Nancy writes a most delicious, fun and creative blog of recipes, photography, crafts and décor. A few of my fave recipes from Nancy Creative is over the top German Chocolate Brownie recipe and I’m in love with the Pineapple and Mango Green Smoothie. Nancy’s blog is so much fun I find myself checking in often to see what she’s up to next.
Award acceptance details: (Cara, I snagged these from your blog)
Each of these awards is to be accepted by:
Thanking and linking back to the nominating blogger.
Listing seven things about yourself.
Recommending other blogs. The number of suggested recommendations varies by award. I recommended about seven each.
Let each recommended blogger know of your nomination, and link them back to your post so they know what to do to accept the award.
Paste the award image on your blog if you’d like to.
7 random facts about myself. Where do I begin?!
1. I was Junior Miss Pangburn, Arkansas 1978. That was it. My one and only attempt at pageantry. I just wasn’t pageant material. I’d rather have been riding my horse.
2. I love animals. I grew up with all sorts of animals. Dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, ducks, a goose named Charlie, a cantankerous pony, a quarter horse, rabbits, a steer named Rex, goats, and an animated lamb we called Fearless. He thought he was a dog.
3. Before culinary school I couldn’t cook. My best meal was a tired old turkey kielbasa with a can of sauerkraut. Whoo Hoo! And that was a good night.
4. I’m terribly clumsy. I fell in a parking lot once (actually many times) while talking to a client on my cell phone. That’ll teach me to talk on the phone and walk at the same time. I’ve fallen down steps, tripped over the smallest bump in a sidewalk and slipped on the running board of my jeep right onto the grocery store parking lot. (this was recent) My twin sister also inherited this affliction.
5. I’m obsessed with British mysteries. It all started in the 5th grade when I discovered the mystery genre. Couldn’t get enough of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and from there I moved onto PG James, Colin Dexter and Martha Grimes.
6. I became certified in scuba diving a few years ago. Exhilarating experience! My first dive I panicked. But managed to make two more dives holding the hand of my diving Instructor. The third dive, my Instructor felt he needed his hand returned. I managed to dive on my own, gracefully without panic, and ended up getting certified. Phew!
7. I love the outdoors. Kayaking, hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, gardening, riding, flying… and you wonder how I do this being so clumsy. It’s not always graceful but I have a blast.
The blogs I’ve nominated are more than just beautiful or lovely blogs. I adore the authors. They share my passion for delicious, whole, seasonal foods that feed the body and the soul. Not to mention pleasing the palate.
I’d like to nominate these blogs for the Beautiful Blogger Award:
www.backroadjournal.wordpress.com One of my favorite bloggers, Karen writes a most delicious blog with beautiful photography of her life and travels in New England. Her recipes are mouthwatering, fresh, seasonal and delicious. I find myself clicking on Karen’s blog often to see what she’ll be up to next.
http://bakerbettie.com/ Kristin is a new blogging friend who writes a beautiful blog filled with lovely, delicious recipes and beautiful photography. Her pictures make me want to reach in and grab a slice!
http://shutupandcook.wordpress.com/ Erina is also a new blogging friend but a local blogging friend as well. I’ve had the pleasure of hanging out with Erina a few times and she is not only completely delightful but hilariously funny as well. Her posts are as entertaining as her recipes are delicious. (Hugs Erina!)
http://russianmomcooks.com/ While Chasing Kids is a beautifully written and photographed blog by Anastasia. I love her stories of Motherhood, family life, cooking and all with a Russian twist. A fun and delicious blog!
http://bitsandbreadcrumbs.com/ Betsy is also a new blogging friend who I absolutely adore. Betsy is a fellow Southern gal who cooks up delightful and delicious recipes with fabulous adventure and scenery from her home state of Georgia.
I’d like to nominate these blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award:
http://profiterolesandponytails.wordpress.com/ A delicious and fun blog filled with lots of food, stories and adventures of the two adorable ponytails. I love Barb’s easy style and her recipes are filled with love and lots of flavor, that will hopefully get her two ponytails to eat.
http://www.emmycooks.com/ Emmy is a fellow Seattle food blogger. I’ve also had the pleasure of hanging out with Emmy a few times. Delightful and energetic, Emmy is a power blogger and there is always something new cooking on Emmy’s blog. Inventive, fresh, seasonal recipes that are always delicious!
http://thekitchensgarden.com/ I want to live on Celi’s farm. I find myself heading over to Celi’s blog just to see what the animals are up to. Not only does Celi write about her beautiful farm and animals but she’s always got something yummy cooking. A most fun and delicious blog that I look forward to reading every day!
http://forkandbeans.wordpress.com/ What can I say… I just adore Cara! She writes a most amazingly beautiful vegan food blog and her sharp wit and clever writing is completely contagious. Fun and delicious, I look forward to all the new posts!
And as a special treat for making your way through my very long and wordy post, I give you my version of Strawberries Romanoff.
When I was growing up my Mom served something similar. She would set out a big bowl full of fresh summer strawberries, another bowl filled with sour cream and a third bowl filled with dark brown sugar. We’d all dig in and dip our strawberries into the sour cream, then roll it in the brown sugar and pop it into our mouths. One of my sweetest childhood food memories.
Strawberries, 2 pints
1 cup sour cream
3-4 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
Mix together the sour cream, brown sugar and Grand Marnier.
2 ways to serve:
Place sliced strawberries in 4 wine or martini glasses and then top with a dollop of sour cream sauce and serve.
Pour the sour cream sauce on a platter and place whole strawberries on the sour cream sauce and serve as a fun finger dessert.