This is how I love strawberries the most. Strawberries Romanoff – simply dunked in a spiked and sweetened sour cream just waiting for my fingers to snag one, scooping up the cream with it and then popping the luscious berry into my mouth. Ahhh… summer.
This post was originally written in response to a blogging award given to me by a fellow blogger. The rules of the award were to tell you a little about myself, which is sometimes hard to do because I’d rather learn a little something about you instead. But here I go anyway. Enjoy and feel free to laugh (at me or with me)!
7 random facts about myself. Where do I begin?!
1. I was Junior Miss Pangburn, Arkansas 1978. That was it. My one and only attempt at pageantry. I just wasn’t pageant material. I’d rather have been riding my horse.
2. I love animals. I grew up with all sorts of animals. Dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, ducks, a goose named Charlie, a cantankerous pony, a quarter horse, rabbits, a steer named Rex, goats, and an animated lamb we called Fearless. He thought he was a dog.
3. Before culinary school I couldn’t cook. My best meal was a tired old turkey kielbasa with a can of sauerkraut. Whoo Hoo! And that was a good night.
4. I’m terribly clumsy. I fell in a parking lot once (actually many times) while talking to a client on my cell phone. That’ll teach me to talk on the phone and walk at the same time. I’ve fallen down steps, tripped over the smallest bump in a sidewalk and slipped on the running board of my jeep right onto the grocery store parking lot. (this was recent) My twin sister also inherited this affliction.
5. I’m obsessed with British mysteries. It all started in the 5th grade when I discovered the mystery genre. Couldn’t get enough of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and from there I moved onto PG James, Colin Dexter and Martha Grimes.
6. I became certified in scuba diving a few years ago. Exhilarating experience! My first dive I panicked. But managed to make two more dives holding the hand of my diving Instructor. The third dive, my Instructor felt he needed his hand returned. I managed to dive on my own, gracefully without panic, and ended up getting certified. Phew! You can read all about that harrowing adventure HERE.
7. I love the outdoors. Kayaking, hiking, biking, cross-country skiing, gardening, riding, flying… and you wonder how I do this being so clumsy. 🙂 It’s not always graceful but I have a blast.
Delicious Wishes and Loads of Love,
- Strawberries, 2 pints
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier