A Delicious New Year!
One of my favorite things to do, is share the love of good food. Being in the culinary business, I’m constantly surrounded by fabulous foodies, inspiring chef’s, passionate farmer’s, rancher’s and food artisans and in general, really great people. I feel so blessed!
This first post of 2013 is a sharing post, a thank you post, and a delicious food post. A three for one.
I am quite tardy in saying Thank You. My apologies to these fabulous five bloggers who have so graciously and thoughtfully awarded me these special honors. I am deeply honored to be recognized by my blogging peers.
Danny at 1227 Foster is relatively new on the food scene but you’d think Danny has been present for years. I’ve never seen a lifestyle blogger transform their blog so quickly, so beautifully and so deliciously as Danny. Armed with a fierce passion for delicious food, eye-catching décor, exciting travel destinations and most definitely a talent for all things beautiful. I adore Danny, admire his passion and definitely recommend subscribing to his blog. Thank you Danny for awarding me your 2012 Blog of the Year, Reality Blog Award and the Sensual Blogging Award. I love to think my food could be labeled as sensual.
Cara at This Little Light is one of my most favorite writers. She has a talent for beautiful words, thought-provoking subjects, and heartwarming stories. I feel as if I’ve known her all my life. If we lived closer we’d be best of friends I’m sure. A lovely and captivating young woman who exudes passion for her craft and will no doubt be a bestselling author soon. You must absolutely check out both her blogs: This Little Light and her newest project Awakening Foster Kelley ( a novel!) . Thank you Cara for nominating me for 2012 Blog of the Year Award. Hugs to you and I wish you huge success!!
I completely adore Emma at Sweet Mabel. A fun, crafty, delicious, beautiful blog that makes me stay and browse a while when I’m there. Her warm and charming personality shines through every post. Her love of vintage matches mine and I’m mesmerized by all her vintage finds. Truly one of my favorite blogs to visit. I just wish we were closer so we could sit and chat over a cup of tea. Thank you Emma for the Inspiring Blog Award!
Nancy Creative is a fun, creative, delicious and crafty blog. I run short on crafty so I’m always looking to these lovely blogs for inspiration. Nancy at Nancy Creative is a writer and designer and you can see these passions come through in her beautiful blog. A lovely lady who shines with warmth and inspiration. Thank you Nancy for the One Lovely Blog Award!
Chef Mimi and I are newly acquainted through blogging. She’s a lovely lady who has devoted her life to the love of food and cooking. An impressive career, Chef Mimi’s passion for great food shines through each and every recipe. Thank you so much Chef Mimi for the Sunshine Award!
According to the rules for most of these awards I’m to tell you 7 things about myself that you don’t already know. Hmmm… that may be difficult, I feel like an open book most the time.
- When I was young I had three pigs named Josephine, Charlotte and Lester. Lester was a little tyrant. While I was climbing over the pig fence (age 7), Lester decided he didn’t like me and bit me smack dab in the butt. Still sporting the scar. I still love pigs.
- I once sang professionally. No, you won’t find me on iTunes but you will find my fabulous cousins, The Univited and Fish Ranch Road. Love my guys!
- Mystery books and old cookbooks are my weakness.
- I much prefer savory over sweet. Which is why my “sweets” recipe section is lacking.
- The one thing I can cook with my eyes closed. Pan seared salmon. My chef instructor once made me pan sear several pieces of salmon during a class because I kept cooking it all the way through (which is how I like it). I practiced so many times at home, I can prepare it in my sleep.
- I am passionate about nutrition. Food not genetically modified, food raised without pesticides and raising awareness about purchasing power. Making better food choices will allow future generations greater health. My little soapbox speech for the day.
- Autumn has always been my most favorite time of the year.
I nominate the following WordPress blog 2012 Blog of the Year: Just a Smidgen
Smidge (as I call her), is a poet, writer, artist and food blogger. She encompasses all that is beautiful in this world. Her writing has brought tears to my eyes, made me howl with laughter and given my heart peace. Her food is always delicious and beautifully photographed. And she’s crafty too! A beautiful and multi-talented lady who I adore and admire.
Wishing you all a most delicious, successful and happy new year!
Loads of Love,