Beef Karista's Kitchen Kid Friendly Pasta Pork Sauces, Salsas and More

Vinci Sauce and Italian Meatballs

Tomato sauce prepared with DaVinci Chianti over Italian Meatballs/Karista's Ktichen

When I serve a Chianti wine, it has always been a DaVinci Chianti.  My absolute favorite Chianti for years, long before I so proudly became the 2013 DaVinci Wine Culinary Arts Storyteller.  And, might I add, DaVinci Chianti has always been an important ingredient in my tomato gravy, or as my family calls it, my Sunday sauce.

I mentioned this to Jenna, one of our lovely DaVinci Reps, during a conversation about the Chianti – when Jenna quickly said “it’s Vinci sauce!”.  And that was that.  My family’s favorite Sunday sauce is now Vinci Sauce.

Vinci Sauce is magnificent all on its own – smothering fresh pastas, gnocchi or polenta.   However, I also adore this sauce paired with Italian meatballs that simmer in the Vinci Sauce before serving.

Vinci tomato sauce and meatballs collage

Because I created these recipes for DaVinci Wine they can be found on the DaVinci Wine Facebook page.  Click here to download the recipes for Vinci Sauce and Italian Meatballs.

Buon Appetito!

Delicious Wishes and Loads of Love,

Joanne
    January 17, 2014 at 9:29 am

This looks absolutely divine and as I’ve only just recently had a request from BOTH children for meatballs so this should do the trick. One question though: the ingredients for your sauce requests 2-4 short ribs, could you please clarify this for me – is this 2-4 short rib racks, or 2-4 short beef ribs (which I’m gathering from photos I’ve seen are HUGE), and does it matter if its pork or beef? Many thanks, Jx

bennett
      January 17, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Hi Joanne, Thank you. This is one of my family’s faves too. Yes it’s 2-4 beef short ribs. Those short meaty things that we sometimes throw in the Dutch oven with wine and slow cook. I always throw a few of those, or you could use a marrow bone, in the sauce. Just creates such lovely rich deep flavor. Pork or beef are fine. The beef short ribs I find here are smallish which is why I said 2-4. But if you find large beef short ribs I think 1 or 2 would be fine. It’s just for flavor. 🙂 Hope this helps!

January 17, 2014 at 5:57 pm

What a delicious plate!

bennett
      January 19, 2014 at 9:33 am

Thank you. Nothing like traditional Italian meatballs and sauce for some delicious comfort food. 🙂

Shut Up & Cook
    January 18, 2014 at 2:22 am

Adore a good chianti…and adore meatballs…and adore you, so this sounds like just the ticket!!

bennett
      January 19, 2014 at 9:33 am

Aww… thanks Erina! I adore you too!

Rick 3 Chopsticks Wong
    January 20, 2014 at 8:05 am

Looks delicious! I will buy some da Vinci Chianti this week and try it soon (I see klwines.com has it on sale for $5.99 for members so I will buy a case or two. The 2011). Thanks, Bennett. Rick 3 Chopsticks Wong.