Appetizers Beef Chicken Karista's Kitchen Kid Friendly Salad Sassy Side dishes Seafood Soup

Cinco de Mayo Recipe Round-up!

8 Cinco de Mayo recipes from Karista's Kitchen

There is nothing more delicious than a blog post filled with Mexican and South American inspired recipes.  The rich, bold and spicy flavors remind me summer is on the horizon and it makes this chef delirious with anticipation.  Outdoor grilling, fresh local summer produce, casual dining, flip flops or barefoot; it positively makes me giddy just thinking about it.

Cinco de Mayo is Monday, May 5th and to celebrate,  I’ve got a fabulous line up of festive recipes.   So sit back, relax, fire up that grill, shake up a tasty cocktail and enjoy the deliciousness of the season.

Spicy Cabbage Salad

The Dreamiest Chocoflan

Slow Braised Barbacoa with Cucumber Avocado Salsa

Spicy Black Bean Soup with Lime Crema and Avocado

Roasted Chicken Tacos with Spicy Avocado Crema

Enchiladas Poblano with Spanish Rice Cakes

Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Salad

Smoked Salmon Wonton Tacos

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Delicious Wishes and Loads of Love,

laurasmess
    May 1, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I’ve come to look forward to Cinco de Mayo posts every year, despite the fact that we don’t celebrate it here in Australia. Such a wealth of delicious Mexican-inspired food all over the blogosphere! Yummo. This is a great round up Karista! x

bennett
      May 2, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Thank you Laura. Mexican food is a staple in our house. It’s typically so easy to prepare and uses lots of fresh ingredients that are easily sourced, especially during the warmer months. Enjoy!!

ksenia
    May 2, 2014 at 1:23 pm

All of my favorites at once! I have such a weakness for Mexican 🙂

bennett
      May 2, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I’m the same. I LOVE Mexican flavors, so many fresh ingredients too. Happy Weekend 🙂

wendy@chezchloe
    May 2, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Delicious round-up. We all love Mexican in this household. It’s also nice to see some not so heavy on the cheese recipes. Happy CDM!

bennett
      May 5, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Thank you Wendy! Hope you had a delicious celebration 🙂

Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen
    May 5, 2014 at 8:25 pm

What a great round-up for Cinco de Mayo.. I totally forgot, lol! I’ve got a luncheon on Friday and I have to work in the morning and was trying to think of a recipe I could make ahead for an appetizer.. and here you are with the perfect answer. I’m going to make your Smoked Salmon Wonton Tacos:)

bennett
      May 5, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Thank you Barb! You will love those little tacos, I could eat a dozen all by myself. Lol!