Beef Grilling Karista's Kitchen Kid Friendly VRAI Magazine

Grilled Rib-Eye with Tomato & Gorgonzola Vinaigrette

Grilled Rib-Eye With Tomato Gorgonzola Vinaigrette Karista's Kitchen

We’ve just launched the 4th fabulous issue of VRAI Magazine and I’m thrilled to be a part of this exciting and new online magazine!  Filled with food, travel, DIY, Gardening and more.

VRAI Magazine is made up of real bloggers, with varying backgrounds, expertise and unique perspectives, who are passionate about sharing stories. In these stories, you’ll also find wonderful ideas, inspirations and information for everyday living, as well as topics of interest that are designed to spark genuine conversations. “Life is filled with stories both big and small. They can be found in big events and milestones throughout life or even in the most mundane acts of each day — there is always a story worth telling.  Through VRAI Magazine, we hope to capture and share some of them with you.”

In this issue of VRAI Magazine I talk GRILLING!  Here’s a sneak peek:

I get positively giddy this time of year.  With the longer days and warmer temperatures, grilling once again becomes my preferred method of cooking.  Gone are the cooler days and Pacific Northwest winter weather that requires rain gear while grilling.

Although I enjoy most methods of cooking, there is something about grilling that feels just a bit festive, carefree and whimsical. Maybe it’s the feeling of warm summer months when life is slower and less scheduled.  Fresh produce arriving with color and intense ripened flavors just aching to be tossed into some delicious concoction to share.

Grilling steak couldn’t be easier, but there are a few simple steps that will make your steak taste like perfection.

1. Quality is key –  Purchasing a quality cut of beef is key to a delicious and flavorful steak.  I prefer purchasing local beef that has been grazing in a nice open pasture and preferably grass-fed only. (I know, I sound like the television show Portlandia) Truly, fresh is best for optimum flavor.  Not only does buying local mean your steak will be fresh, you will be supporting your local economy.  If  you don’t have access to a  local beef rancher, try to purchase beef from your region.  Most local markets purchase regionally,  or ask your local butcher.

For the Grilled Rib-eye with Tomato Gorgonzola Vinaigrette and a Grilled Romaine Recipe head on over to VRAI Magazine…  Click Here!

Stay Tuned – Coming up this week, I will be posting a most delicious and special pastry recipe from Italy.   Buon Appetito!

Delicious Wishes and Loads of Love!

saffron & Honey
    May 19, 2014 at 6:47 am

Congratulations on another fabulous issue! And grilling is definitely one of those things that I look forward to every summer. Just yesterday, we were making a list of everyone we know in NYC who has a rooftop we could use for that very purpose… haha

bennett
      May 19, 2014 at 7:37 am

Thanks Ksenia! I love grilling as well, love it so much I grill year round. With my rain gear of course. 🙂 Ok, how fun to grill on a NYC rooftop! One of these days when I visit NYC again we will have to meet in person. 🙂

Rosemary Mullally
    May 19, 2014 at 8:56 am

Nice! Time to go outside and eat.

bennett
      May 19, 2014 at 3:41 pm

You betcha! Is it warm in France/Germany yet?

Maria | Pink Patisserie
    May 19, 2014 at 10:59 am

That steak has my name written all over it Karista! I adore rib eye and that gorgeous vinaigrette dressing! I must be feeling better because I suddenly starving!

bennett
      May 19, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I hope you’re feeling better Maria!! I wish I could bring you a big ole plate of this steak and vinaigrette. 🙂

Lilly Sue
    May 19, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Congrats Karista!! And I am so happy for grilling season as well! Yum!

bennett
      May 20, 2014 at 10:24 am

Me too! Now what type of beer would you serve with this steak? 🙂

laurasmess
    May 19, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Oh gosh, that vinaigrette sounds like the perfect steak accompaniment! Gorgeous recipe Karista! I’m heading over to VRAI Mag right now… I must’ve missed the previous editions, love the idea of a compiled blogger publication is awesome. Glad that you’re getting some lovely weather over there now (it’s autumn here, cold and wet!) x

bennett
      May 20, 2014 at 10:24 am

Thanks Laura! The vinaigrette is especially lovely when the steak is really hot and the gorgonzola melts all over the top. Yum! Yes, we are ready for summer. It’s been a long, cold and wet winter here. Funny how our seasons are flipped! One day I would love to visit your beautiful country.

Alice
    May 28, 2014 at 5:15 am

Love the snaps Karista and your recipe look delish as always 🙂

bennett