Beef Karista's Kitchen VRAI Magazine

Perfect Prime Rib Roast for VRAI Magazine

Roasting the perfect prime rib with Au Jus Gravy and Horseradish Sauce // Karista's Kitchen // VRAI Magazine

Every holiday season I ask my family the same question… “what do you want for Christmas dinner”?   And every year I get the same answer.  “Prime Rib!”   I can’t blame them.  Prime Rib is such a grand cut of beef – so exquisite in flavor and texture.

Perfect Prime Rib Roast tutorial from Karista's Kitchen // VRAI Magazine

When VRAI Magazine asked me for a Holiday recipe, this was the first thing that came to mind.  If you ever wanted to prepare prime rib but felt too intimidated, this recipe is for you.  Tips, techniques and a simple recipe for preparing the perfect prime rib.

Perfect Roasted Prime Rib with Au Jus Gravy and Horseradish Sauce // Karista's Kitchen // VRAI Magazine

Along with this luscious prime rib recipe, I’ve included a quick Beef Broth Gravy and Homemade Horseradish Sauce.  You will also find the loveliest selection of holiday recipes from our VRAI Magazine Contributors as well as travel, lifestyle, fashion and DIY articles.

So head on over to VRAI Magazine and treat yourself to a few holiday moments browsing and reading our Holiday issue!

Wishing you a most magical and delicious holiday season!

Ksenia
    December 15, 2014 at 11:54 am

a favorite for very good reason! Happy holidays!

December 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Thanks Ksenia! Yes, besides a tenderloin, this is my favorite. 🙂 Have a lovely holiday!

Rosemary Mullally
    December 15, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Beautiful roast!

December 15, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Thank you Rosemary. It was very delicious. I thought I’d have some leftover for my daughter to take back to college but we ate every last bite. Lol! I have to make her another one for Christmas. 🙂 I hope everything is grand in your world!

laurasmess
    December 16, 2014 at 2:32 am

Just stunning Karista! I’ve never actually eaten a prime rib roast but now I feel like I’m missing out… we normally just have ham and roast beef or turkey alongside other trimmings. Thanks for teaching us the foolproof method. It’s always a tragedy if a gorgeous cut of meat goes to waste via poor cooking techniques! Merry Christmas – I hope that you and the family have a beautiful festive season! xx

December 17, 2014 at 9:36 am

Thank you Laura! Trust me, there have been a few occasions when I wasn’t paying attention and my prime rib over cooked a tad. 🙁 I baby sit the oven now. Lol! Wishing you and your family a lovely holiday season as well!

Karen (Back Road Journal)
    December 22, 2014 at 12:29 pm

A beautifully cooked roast, I can see why your family would request it.

December 22, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Karen, Thank you so much! I hope you’re doing well and wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Bam's Kitchen
    December 25, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I can’t wait to hop over and read your recipe at VRAI, this roast is stunning and cooked to perfection.

December 31, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Thank you so much! Hope you had a fabulous holiday season!