Chicken Karista's Kitchen Kid Friendly

Chicken Gaston Gerard

Chicken Gaston Gerard // French Chicken with Dijon, caramelized onions, paprika and creme fraiche // Karista's Kitchen for VRAI Magazine

Chicken Gaston Gerard… I love to say these words. Makes me feel as if I’m sitting in a cafe in Paris dining on decadent cuisine and sipping French wine.

Ahhh… but alas, I’m sitting in my upstairs office writing this little paragraph while sipping ginger tea that my sister in law sent me from Japan. Ha. Life’s crazy isn’t it?

Chicken Gaston Gerard may be familiar to many of you. I posted this gorgeous recipe years ago and I received such positive feedback and comments over the years, I thought it would be fun to share this lovely recipe in the February issue of VRAI Magazine.

If you haven’t made this recipe yet, head over to VRAI Magazine and snag it.  I promise you won’t be disappointed.  In fact, I think you’ll love it so much it might just become a regular on your dinner menu rotation.  While you’re over at VRAI Magazine, feel free to stay a while and browse the new recipes from all the fantastic food contributors.  I spotted a pink cocktail that is calling my name. 🙂

Delicious Wishes and Loads of Love,

Bam's Kitchen
    February 25, 2015 at 9:13 pm

I am on my way over to check out the recipe now. You are my sauce guru!!!

March 1, 2015 at 4:58 pm

🙂 Thanks Bam! Enjoy the recipe!

Jim
    March 1, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Karista.
    Another beautiful combination of flavors! I made this dish for my wife tonight. It was a lot cheaper than taking her to Paris for dinner. She thought that it was wonderful and so did I. I live in a rural area so getting Crème Fraiche is out of the question but it was fine with the sour cream. Thanks for giving us the map to another great meal!

March 1, 2015 at 5:36 pm

Jim, I’m so happy you liked the recipe! Yes, sour cream is a great sub for creme fraiche. I can’t always find creme fraiche in my neck of the woods either. 🙂 So happy it was a success and that your wife loved it!

kerri
    March 3, 2015 at 10:16 am

I’m heading over to check this recipe out now. Looks so good!

March 4, 2015 at 7:46 am