I know I’ve been MIA lately and like all busy working Mom’s, I have a good excuse. I simply took a break. I decided the world would not end if I didn’t post a new recipe or if I didn’t check my social media to see what I might be missing.
I spent quality time with my family trekking around the Pacific Northwest, ate TONS of great food, (including these Corn and Shrimp Soup Shooters) walked miles and miles like a tourist in Europe and found myself taking deep breaths and stopping to smell a few roses. It was time well spent.
I came back to a garden overflowing with tomatoes, cucumbers and Swiss Chard… and of course loads of laundry. Tank came home from his vacation at the Muddy Dog Ranch and promptly walked to his fluffy blue bed and fell asleep. We haven’t seen him since. 🙂 I think he had a good time.
Once I got back into my office I realized I’d better get these soup shooters posted before labor day or I’d have to rename them something other than Summer Corn and Shrimp Soup Shooters.
These lovelies are creamy with a burst of fresh herbs and slightly sweet with the option of adding a dash of hot sauce for a little extra punch.
I paired this soup with fresh Oregon Bay Shrimp but you can use any size shrimp you have on hand or prefer. Lush and brilliant in color, these corn and shrimp soup shooters are a perfect starter for any meal and great for entertaining.
Happy and successful wishes to all the kiddos headed to back to school! And happy and restful wishes to all the parents. 🙂
Delicious Wishes and Loads of Love,
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh summer corn, plus ½ cup cooked corn to finish the soup
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth (enough to just cover the potatoes)
- Dash of hot sauce
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked bay shrimp
- 10-12 cooked large shrimp
- Garnish with a dollop of Crème Fraiche and chopped fresh cilantro
I created this recipe for Home By Design Magazine August 2015 Issue