I’m writing today from my new office which has the loveliest view of rolling hills and a menagerie of deep green trees. I think this is going to be the perfect spot for loads of creativity and mouth-watering recipes. I’m still in the midst of unpacking boxes and trying to find a place for everything so this post is short and sweet; and of course, delicious.
This Radish and Mandarin Orange Salad is vibrant in color, not to mention quite sassy in flavor.
This salad is filled with spicy watercress and radishes mixed with sweet mandarin sections drizzled with a zesty lime vinaigrette creates a flavorful, beautiful and refreshing salad. If watercress isn’t to be found, this is just as delicious over shredded cabbage. I like to garnish with fresh cilantro but you can certainly use fresh mint or basil.
I’ve got several new recipes to post soon so stay tuned!
Loads of Love,
- 8 oz red radishes, thinly sliced
- 16 oz canned mandarin orange wedges, or 2 cups fresh mandarin orange wedges
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime juiced, about 2-3 teaspoons
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ - 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
I originally created this recipe for Home By Design Magazine in 2016.